We’re looking for
Role description and responsibilities
Lucky VR is a virtual reality (VR) game development studio that's creating the next generation of online casino gaming. Our exclusive partnership with PokerStars (the world's largest poker site) has propelled our debut game (PokerStars VR) to becoming one of the most popular multiplayer games in VR.
Originally based in Toronto, our team has adopted remote working for the future. As we continue to grow rapidly, we're looking for talented people to help make our ambitions a reality.
As a Data Scientist at Lucky VR, you'll work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organization. You will use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business. You'll work to help visualize the data in simple and elegant ways for our team and share-holders. As a subject matter expert, you'll mentor data developers and other team members on best practices and work on creative solutions within the data space.
• Estimate projects involving data integration, data architecture, business analysis or application development
• Participate in product roadmap discussions and identifying key areas for improvement of products and services
• Produce documentation of data pipeline design and solution architecture for data warehousing and ETL
• Develop, implement, and support methodologies, standards, and tools for data management, considering innovation and data security
• Create ongoing standards and process for overall data architecture team, including developing governance, support and testing models
• Perform exploratory data validation to ensure quality data standards are in place and ensure data integrity during all transformation steps.
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics or related field quantitative field, required with demonstrable experience with database development
• Experience with cloud / big data technologies such as BigQuery, Azure SQL DB/Synapse, Amazon Redshift is required
• Experience with relational database systems including SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, Postgres
• Advanced skills in data scripting and database development technologies (SQL, Python, R)
• Deep knowledge of ETL tools and how they can be applied to a big data environment
• Familiarity with analyzing digital marketing, advertising and ecommerce data
• Familiarity with web analytics tools such as Adobe Marketing Cloud or Google Analytics
• Experience with creating BI reports and optimizing BI or visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, DOMO or Power BI
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
• Familiar with NoSql database technologies such as MongoDB
• Knowledge of technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and Airflow
** Unity experience is highly preferred
Lucky VR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply. We value passion and work ethic, so if you are passionate, ambitious and want to work on the cutting edge of technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.