What should an employment contract in Kazakhstan include?
In Kazakhstan, each employment contract should contain the following key elements:
- Both parties’ personal details, including names, addresses, and contact information.
- A comprehensive description of the job role, including duties and rights.
- Hours and days of the week when the employee is expected to work.
- Salaries or wages, and benefits entitlements.
- Confidentiality policies to protect the employer’s interest.
- Termination policies, notice periods, and severance pay if applicable.
Both parties should comprehend each employment contract clause before signing.
What types of employment contracts exist in Kazakhstan?
The following is a list of the most common employment contracts used in Kazakhstan:
1. Employee contracts
Employee contracts can be divided into two major categories:
- Indefinite employment contracts – Under indefinite employment contracts, the duration of the employment is not outlined with a specific end date. Instead, the contract is effective until terminated by either party, following the specified notice period policies within the agreement. Indefinite employment contracts are the most commonly used contract form, as they offer job security and stability and allow long-term employment.
- Fixed-term employment contracts – As opposed to indefinite employment contracts, fixed-term contracts clearly define dates when the contract starts to get effective and expires. Fixed-term contracts are commonly used for circumstances such as replacing an absent employee or fulfilling temporary roles.
2. Service contracts
Service contracts are used to regulate the employment relationship between independent contractors or freelancers and companies or clients. Under this agreement, the employee is obligated to perform some type of service, while the employer is responsible for paying the fee to the contractor. Such contracts typically don’t cover benefits such as pension insurance or healthcare.
3. Employment contracts for seasonal work
Seasonal employment contracts are concluded for conducting work that is tied to a specific season or period of the year. Such contracts are prevalent in industries like tourism, hospitality, agriculture, retail, and other sectors with fluctuating demands. Seasonal contracts have a fixed duration and can be renewed in some cases.
How to hire employees in Kazakhstan?
There are a few legal steps and requirements before hiring employees in Kazakhstan. Firstly, every business needs to have a legal establishment, a tax identification number, and a local bank account before making their first hire.
Employers in Kazakhstan must also abide by local labor laws regarding minimum wages, working hours, and benefits.
One way to simplify the process of hiring employees abroad is by partnering with a global recruitment company like Native Teams. Thanks to our optimized Employer of Record solutions, you can easily focus on your business operations while we take over your payroll, taxation, and HR administration compliantly.